Sunday, November 4, 2007

#23 The 23rd thing...


I think this image of a black hole is where my thinking is about Learning 2.0. There are things I have discovered from this course that are stronger than the pull of the black hole, like Blogline and RSS feeds. I have become addicted to this and have the notifier on at work as well as at home. I think it has lead to a dramatic increase in the amount of literature I am reading about Libraries, from both Library sources (ALIA, SLV) and non library sources (Boys bloke books blog). I also will continue with podcasts(really liked Odeo), ebooks, (youtube and other social network systems), Library Thing and Wiki. There will be a group set up at our Library to investigate the uses of Wiki (and we thought our name should be WikiWarriors). So much for the power of the black hole.....But then there were things I learnt that have a high chance of being sucked into the vortex of the hole. These are things like Zoho - found it really annoying not to be able to cut and paste from places, and you never know it might not be lost forever. There was Flickr, Technorati and Del.icio.us which I never really spent a lot of time on but didn't jump out at me like the others. I will have the blog to look back on in future to remind myself of the things to have a check on every now and again (no promises).
I would like to say thanks to those people who created it, I might have bagged you along the way, but I am very glad that I have done it, and that it is now over.

3 comments:

JenM said...

Congrats Cindy for finishing. Time consuming wasn't it. Jen

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Congratulations...and thanks you for your comments about the program. I do like the name "wikiwarriors"

Lynette

Aileen (aka Big Mama) said...

Terrific job Cindy!Well done.