Sunday, November 4, 2007

#22 Lets hear it


I must admit that ebooks had not even been something that I have thought about for myself, let alone for the library public. World ebook fair was a cool site, obviously not free anymore, and as long as you understand that the book are not current titles (I would think because of copyright laws) then it is OK. I had a longer play on some pay per use sites that are Library affiliated. Netlibrary and Overdrive were the suggested ones and I had a look at these. There are some Australian Libraries in ACT and Qld who have Overdrive, but for our Library service to look at these as a viable alternative to current spending, then there would have to be an in-depth look at these. On a more personal note, I might look at subscribing to something like this, for those items I would like to hear (or see - as some were in Video format) at a later date.

No comments: